A Tale of Two Styles
03.01.11Beyond Bohemian: Earth-friendly Choices Moving Mainstream … Finally!
08.05.10Quick Tips for Bedroom Shopping
01.05.11How Upholstered Furniture is Built
01.15.11Bachelor Furniture Begone!
08.15.09Writing Your Own Style Rules
We regularly hear from couples that are struggling to find a common style. So how can you tastefully bring together your different styles?
The easiest solution is to go for an eclectic look in your house – one that is highly individualistic, yet features a mix of compatible styles. Even though the styles may be disparate, do not fear! You can bring it all together by:
- Choosing complementary colors to use throughout the rooms
- Using similar accessories such as lamps, artwork, or plants
- Creating a sense of continuity with similar wall colors
- Anchoring rooms to create a "cozy" feel using rugs
- Grouping together “like” items to visually categorize the space
In the end, you won’t feel challenged to decide upon a singular style because you’ll have created your own eclectic look – one that perfectly illustrates yourselves as individuals within a couple.